TEAMWORK at Nikki Froud Hairdressing is the key to its multiple nominations in The News’Hair and Beauty Awards.
That’s the message from Nikki herself ahead of the awards ceremony to be held at the Guildhall in Portsmouth on Saturday, June 15.
As we reveal on page 3 today, Lee Stafford, celebrity hairdresser and his wife Jessica-Jane Clement, from The Real Hustle and Celebrity Scissorhands ,will be presenting the Hair Salon of the Year award.
Nikki has already battled leukaemia to set up her own salon and academy, and says her team at Nikki Froud Hairdressing in High Street, Lee-on-the-Solent are the ‘soul’ of her business.
It is not surprising she is so proud, with Lauren Butler nominated for junior stylist of the year, Dan Underwood for colour technician of the year and Julie Giffin for best bridal or special occasion.
Nikki said: ‘It’s not just about me, the name, it’s about them and they truly are the soul.’
Nikki’s academy has taught more than 3,000 people since it opened in 2007.
Texts and online nominations close at midnight on Saturday.
Once nominated the salon or stylist will be sent an official entry form which must be returned.
The shortlisted salons and individuals will now be announced on May 11.
For more information email email@example.com and call now on (023) 9262 2750 to book tickets for the awards.
NOMINATE BY TEXT
Simply send a text message starting with pen hair, the nominee’s name, salon and category plus your name, house number (or house name) and postcode to 61500. The total message must not exceed 155 characters. All text messages cost £1 plus standard network charge. The closing date for nominations is midnight on May 5, 2013. Messages received after the closing date will not be counted but may still be charged. Example of message: pen hair emma at my salon hairdresser joan smith 1 ab1 23cd
By supplying your telephone number you are happy to receive SMS/MMS messages from Johnston Press and its approved business partners. Johnston Press (or via its agents) and its business partners may contact you about new promotions, products and services. Please add the word EXIT at the end of your message if you do not wish to receive these. For quality and training purposes we may monitor communications. Service Provider: Velti DR Ltd SE1 8ND - 020 7633 5000. Ref: PEN1307MEAA
· Junior Stylist of the Year (includes stylists with less than two years experience).
· Colour Technician of the Year (minimum two years salon experience)
· Gents’/Barber of the Year (minimum two years salon or barber shop experience)
· Female Stylist of the Year (minimum two years salon experience)
· Best Bridal/Special Occasion (hair up/extensions/hair art)
· Hair Salon of the Year (trading more than 18 months)
· Best Start-up Salon of the Year (hair or beauty trading 18 months or less)
· Beauty Therapist of the Year (beauticians/male & female grooming/tanning etc)
· Nail Technician of the Year (manicures/pedicures/nail art/gel/acrylics etc)
· Cosmetic Therapist of the Year (make up/semi-permanent/skin peels/advanced treatments/laser etc)
· Beauty Salon of the Year (trading more than 18 months)
· Training Centre Excellence Award (hair or beauty - open to colleges/salons/individuals)
· Special Achievement (an individual or team who has risen to a challenge or overcome adversity).
· Lifetime Achievement Award (special award for someone who has dedicated their life to their profession and encouraged and inspired others along the way).