Teenager escapes fire at her house near Emsworth

Second World War re-enactors at Portsmouth Historic Dockyard, which is backing the City of Culture bid Picture: Habibur Rahman

Portsmouth’s bid for UK City of Culture title named ‘strong’ as shortlist delayed

0
Have your say

A TEENAGE girl managed to get out of a house safely after a fire broke out in a loft conversion.

An overloaded socket sparked the blaze at the house in Heather Close, West Ashling, near Emsworth, at about 1.20pm yesterday.

The girl got out of the house after hearing the fire alarm.

Two fire engines were sent and firefighters put out the blaze, which was in a bedroom.

Fire crews from Chichester were there for more than an hour and used a fan to clear the fumes.

Back to the top of the page