COSHAM firefighters were called out after 10 litres of hydrochloric acid spilled out of a tanker belonging to an electrical engineering firm.
Staff from Harwin PLC, based at Dragon Industrial Estate, Farlington, diluted the acid with water and transported it to a waste disposal unit inside the building before fire crews arrived.
Firefighters made sure the area was safe before leaving. Watch manager Kevin Lloyd-Spencer, from Cosham fire station, said: ‘The spillage was caused by a device connected to the tanker. The company acted quickly and professionally.’