Toaster causes fire at Hambrook property

jpns-19-08-17 retro Aug 2017

Wedding - Sgt Brian Brown and his wife Shirley on their wedding day

THIS WEEK IN 1980: Parachute sergeant’s mum had premonition her son had died

0
Have your say

FIRE engines were called to a small fire in a house after a toaster went up in smoke.

A crew from Chichester went to Shepherds Close, Hambrook, near Emsworth, just after 6.30am yesterday.

The small fire in the kitchen had been caused by the toaster being covered.

The fire was out by the time firefighters arrived.

The charred toaster was taken away and ventilators were used to clear the smoke from inside the house.

Fire crews said the blaze was caused by accident.