Toddler in hospital after family escape Portsmouth flat blaze

Editorial Image
Editorial Image

LETTER OF THE DAY: Cyber fraud - your views are wanted

0
Have your say

A YOUNG boy was taken to hospital as his family escaped a flat fire.

The boy, aged under two, suffered smoke inhalation in the fire at Lords Court, Landport, Portsmouth.

A man, a woman and a young girl also escaped the fire after being alerted when a light fitting shattered.

The fire started after a hob was left on in the kitchen. The room was ‘severely damaged’ in the blaze.

Firefighters said the family had no smoke alarm fitted and warned of the dangers.

Ten firefighters tackled the blaze at 10.09pm using breathing apparatus.

The fire was put out with a fire blanket and the crew left at 11.02pm.