Toilet fire at Portsmouth Harbour station

Devida Bushrod (front) with (l-r) Maddy Bushrod (13),  Devida's husband Jason, Mark Loudon (nine), mum Sarah Loudon, Ruth Loudon (10), and Angela Kerfoot. Picture Ian Hargreaves  (171556-1)

Social media used to combat crime and anti-social behaviour in Fareham

0
Have your say

A fire broke out in a disabled toilet at Portsmouth Harbour railway station last night about 8.10pm.

Crew manager Scott Yule, from Southsea Fire Station, said the blaze had been put out before it spread from the toilet cubicle.

He said: ‘It was quite lucky that it was contained to the cubicle.

‘There was quite a lot of smoke damage to the cubicle and it seemed to have been caused by something lit being put in the waste paper basket.’

Mr Yule said the fire was put out using buckets full of water.