Toxic barbecue fumes could have poisoned six-year-old girl from Gosport

Kate Tame and Cllr Roger Price next to the current First World War  plaque inside St Mary's Church in Portchester Castle. 

Picture: Sarah Standing (170259-7003)

‘They must be remembered’: Campaign launched to install new war memorial plaque in Portchester

0
Have your say

FUMES from a barbecue could have caused the tragic death of a six-year-old girl from Gosport who died at a campsite.

Isabelle Harris was found fitting and not breathing at a campsite in the New Forest in the early hours of Good Friday.

Her parents, Tracey and Lee Harris, and paramedics made desperate efforts to revive her but she went into cardiac arrest and later died in hospital.

Police officers from Hampshire Constabulary have been looking into what may have caused her death.

A police spokeswoman told The News officers were considering the possibility of carbon monoxide poisoning but further tests needed to be carried out.

Yesterday Isabelle’s parents paid tribute to their ‘special girl.’

It is expected an inquest will be held into the youngster’s death.

Police initially arrested two people on suspicion of murder after the young girl’s death.

But a post-mortem examination revealed her death was a tragic accident and they were released.

Back to the top of the page