THE future of parking across Portsmouth will be decided today.
Plans have been put forward to introduce on street pay and display parking across Old Portsmouth, the city centre, Eastney and Southsea - including the seafront.
Car parks at Farlington Playing Fields and Portsbridge will also be affected.
Councillor Jason Fazackarley, who is responsible for traffic and transport, will this afternoon decide whether to go ahead with the proposals, which have come in for criticism from residents.
The meeting is at 1pm in the Executive room of the Guildhall.
ON-street pay-and-display meters could be bought in on a number of streets in the city.
· Portland Road, Southsea
· St Helen’s Parade, Southsea
· Gunwharf Road, Old Portsmouth
· Dugald Drummond Street, Landport
· Bellevue Terrace, Southsea
· High Street, Old Portsmouth
· Clarence Pier, Southsea
· Lake Road, Landport
· Henderson Road, Eastney
· Queen Street, Portsea
· Nancy Road, Fratton
· South Parade Pier, Southsea
· Sevenoaks Road, Wymering
· Cavell Drive, Wymering
Parking charges could also apply at:
· Farlington Playing Fields, off Eastern Road, Farlington
· King George V Playing Fields, off Northern Road, Cosham
· Portsbridge Road car park, Hilsea