Tumble dryer fire at nursing home

The hustings at Portsmouth College - from left:  David Carpenter (college governor), Gerald Vernon-Jackson (Lib Dems), Ian McCulloch (Green), Steve Fitzgerald (college teacher and chair), Stephen Morgan (Labour), Kevan Chippindall-Higgin (Ukip) and Penny Mordaunt (Cons)   Picture: Heather Eggelton

Parliamentary candidates grilled by students at Portsmouth College debate

0
Have your say

A TUMBLE dryer overheated and caught fire at a nursing home.

Two fire engines – one from Fareham and one from Portchester – attended the blaze.

The fire had taken hold of a tumble dryer in a communal area of the Carleen Nursing Home, in Portchester Road, Fareham.

Firefighters arrived at the care home at 2.15pm and found the fire had burnt itself out.

They ventilated the area and returned to the fire stations at 2.45pm.

Back to the top of the page