Tumble dryer on fire

HMS Queen Elizabeth arrives in Portsmouth            Picture: PA

RICK JACKSON: The patriotism inspired by HMS Queen Elizabeth is wonderful

0
Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS were called out after a tumble dryer at a house caught fire.

The fire happened in Nancy Road, Fratton, Portsmouth, at about 10pm on Saturday.

The dryer had overheated because the filter inside it hadn’t been cleaned properly.

Southsea crew manager Jamie Wren said: ‘When we got there the residents of the property were outside.

‘We sent someone in to investigate. We dismantled the tumble dryer from the electrical supply and cooled it down by dampening it with water.’