Tumble dryer up in smoke

Cladding being taken off Horatia House in Somers Town Portsmouth

PICTURED: Residents react as work starts to remove cladding from two Somers Town high rises due to fire risks after Grenfell Tower blaze

0
Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS from Cosham were called to a tumble dryer fire in Tipner.

Two engines went to Jarvis Road just before 2pm yesterday.

A build up of dust behind the tumble dryer had caused a small blaze.

Kevin Lloyd-Spencer, watch manager of Cosham red watch, said: ‘We were called to an incident which involved a tumble dryer, where there had been a build up of dust and caused a small blaze.

‘The occupant was not in the house at the time, but had heard her smoke alarm go off when she arrived.

‘She did the right thing to not enter and call the fire service.’

A fire safety message has been issued to ensure people check tumble dryer filters are cleared and people have working smoke alarms fitted.

For more information visit hantsfire.gov.uk.

Back to the top of the page