Unattended cooking nearly starts fire in Leigh Park

Members of 72 Squadron flew over his care home as part of their centenary anniversary. Mr Nugent is one of just seven members of the squadron left who served during the Second World War

RAF squadron’s aerial tribute leaves Denmead veteran in tears

6
Have your say

A PAN that had boiled dry nearly sparked a blaze.

Neighbours alerted the fire service when they heard a smoke alarm sounding in a second-floor flat in Soberton Road, Leigh Park, at 7.15pm last night.

The flat occupier, a woman, had fallen asleep while cooking.

A fire crew from Havant got into the flat via a second-floor window. They woke the lady up, who was not harmed, and cleared the smoke by 8pm.

A spokesman for the fire service reminded people of the importance of having a working smoke alarm and of staying alert while cooking.

Back to the top of the page