Unattended oven chips cause kitchen blaze in Leigh Park

Dylan Kelson, above, and Joseph Grout, below, let rip on stage

Youngsters prove their ‘metal’ with rock concert

4
Have your say

A MAN had to be rescued from his flat after he fell asleep while cooking chips.

A blaze took hold in the man’s ground-floor flat kitchen, in Bedhampton Way, Leigh Park, at 1pm yesterday.

He woke up to the sound of his smoke alarm and called for help. Firefighters rescued the middle-aged man, who was checked by paramedics and was unhurt.

A spokesman for the fire service reminded people of the importance of having working smoke alarms.