VIDEO - footage of iPhone charger fire which destroyed family’s Waterlooville home

Vehicle crime spree hits Hayling Island

0
Have your say

DRAMATIC video footage shows the moment a fire believed to have been caused by a faulty iPhone charger tore through a family’s home.

Around 30 firefighters from across the region tackled the blaze in Jasmine Grove around 3.45pm yesterday.

Waterlooville Fire Faulty Charger''Picture: Jason Kay PPP-150112-123833001

Waterlooville Fire Faulty Charger''Picture: Jason Kay PPP-150112-123833001

Deborah Wilson’s daughter Megan, 16, was alerted to the fire after a smoke alarm went off inside and she found smoke pouring out of her parents’ bedroom.

Crews spent around 25 minutes trying to bring the fire under control.

Sadly most of the home was destroyed, but neighbours have been thanked for their support.