Warning after garden fire

Kate Tame and Cllr Roger Price next to the current First World War  plaque inside St Mary's Church in Portchester Castle. 

Picture: Sarah Standing (170259-7003)

‘They must be remembered’: Campaign launched to install new war memorial plaque in Portchester

1
Have your say

A HOUSEHOLDER has been given a warning about fire safety after an entire garden caught alight.

Eight firefighters from Southsea fire station put out a blaze in Winter Road, Southsea at around 7pm yesterday.

What started out as a wood- burning session soon took hold of the garden, with furniture also being taken out by the flames.

A fire engine and a small fire vehicle were sent to the scene and spent around 30 minutes putting the fire out.

Back to the top of the page