Warning made to residents over burning garden waste

jpns-19-08-17 retro Aug 2017

Sportscar - The two-seater sportscar in which one man died and another was seriously injured

THIS WEEK IN 1980: Identity mystery of car crash victim

1
Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS have reminded residents who burn waste in their garden to do so safely.

Portchester fire station crew were called to a bonfire in Gudge Heath Lane, Fareham, after residents were burning waste, but the fire had become too large, and it had to be reduced.

The call came at 4pm on Saturday and one crew was there until shortly after 5pm.

Watch manager Martin Earl said: ‘We would remind people to have a hose reel close by and not to burn too much waste in one go as it could become uncontrollable.’