TRADING standards has issued a warning about novelty oversized-lighters after a Gosport teenager received serious burns.
Todd Howard was trying to light a candle using a ‘BIG’ brand giant lighter when, after several attempts, the flame erupted and spread across his hands, leaving his fingers severely blistered.
Todd said: ‘I was lucky it was only my fingers as if this had happened to someone that smoked it could quite easily have been their face and eyes.’
The ‘BIG’ brand lighter was bought from Gosport market. Hampshire Trading Standards has now confiscated the remainder of the lighters on sale. Call trading standards on 01962 833620.