Warning over the disposal of barbecues on Southsea Common

The incident happened in Lawrence Road in the early hours of this morning. Picture: Google Maps

Firefighters rescue woman stuck in letterbox in the middle of the night

0
Have your say

A BIN overloaded with disposable barbecues caught fire.

Special bins are dotted around Southsea Common for people to dispose of their barbecues safely.

But one was so full, and then stuffed with other rubbish, it caught fire at 4pm on Saturday afternoon.

Southsea crew manager Simon Lovelock said: ‘The bins worked well, but they should only be used for barbecues.

‘They should not be overloaded either.’