LEE-on-the-Solent Residents’ Association (LoSRA) was hurriedly formed back in 1972 when the council had plans to fill in Elmore Lake.
This attractive lake is still here and so are we.
Since then, Lee Residents’ objectives have been to keep a responsible eye on planned developments and to communicate all types of issues of community interest to our members.
A very popular and well read magazine is published three times a year and contains articles of local interest such as:
· Local planning development, including Daedalus’s future (ongoing site proposals), Browndown’s development proposals, Maritime and Coastguard Agency updates.
· Transport: Newgate Lane redevelopment, bus services, road closures .
· Local planning issues aimed at preserving the current Lee-on-the- Solent ethos.
· Information on local activities: recent topics include: family fun days, Heritage Open Days, Lee Historic Walks, High Street seating, the library garden project.
· General local interest topics: information on Alver Valley developments, Lee Wildside, Focus Youth Club and many more, health updates regarding NHS services, and any proposed changes affecting Lee.
Check us out by going to our website at leeresidents.org.uk where you can see more detailed information.
You can also browse through past issues of our residents’ magazine.
Pick up a joining form at either Lee Bookshop in High Street or Lee Convenience store on Marine Parade West.
A year’s membership is only £3 per person or £5 per couple at the same address.