Wheelie bin fires break out in Fareham

A crew from Fareham Fire Station put out fires in two commercial wheelie bins. Picture: Hampshire Fire and Rescue

A crew from Fareham Fire Station put out fires in two commercial wheelie bins. Picture: Hampshire Fire and Rescue

14/2/2017 (EP)

A protest took place in Portsmouth on Valentine's Day against �9m cuts being proposed by Portsmouth City Council.
The three council trade unions, Unison, Unite and GMB are working together to oppose the budget cuts.

Pictured is: Solent Waspi were also at the protest. 

Picture: Sarah Standing (170257-6899) PPP-170214-150253001

Women make their voices heard over pensions in Portsmouth

1
Have your say

TWO commercial wheelie bins were found alight early this morning in Fareham.

A crew from Fareham Fire Station put out a fire in a wheelie bin behind Solent Cycles in West Street at 1.45am.

Crews from Gosport and Havant at the scene of a garage fire in Glebe Drive, Gosport, which started in a tumble dryer. Picture: Hampshire Fire and Rescue

Crews from Gosport and Havant at the scene of a garage fire in Glebe Drive, Gosport, which started in a tumble dryer. Picture: Hampshire Fire and Rescue

Crew manager Mark Ryer said the fire engine was then called to another wheelie bin blaze behind shops in Highlands Road, Fareham, at 2.30am.

Mr Ryder said: ‘There is no evidence that they were connected but it seems a strange coincidence.’

Crews from Fareham and Gosport fire stations were also called to put out a fire at a garage in Glebe Drive, Gosport, about 7am today.

Mr Ryder said the fire started in a tumble dryer, which was completely destroyed. Part of the garage’s roof had to be removed as firefighters were putting out the blaze, which caused thousands of pounds of damage.

Crews from Gosport and Havant at the scene of a garage fire in Glebe Drive, Gosport, which started in a tumble dryer. Picture: Hampshire Fire and Rescue

Crews from Gosport and Havant at the scene of a garage fire in Glebe Drive, Gosport, which started in a tumble dryer. Picture: Hampshire Fire and Rescue

Back to the top of the page