Woman calls fire brigade after plug socket fills house with smoke

editorial image
A computer-generated image of the new multi-purpose health building

Plan unveiled for new five-storey health hub in North End

Have your say

A woman in Cosham called the fire brigade after an overloaded plug socket filled her house with smoke.

Two crews were called to Maidstone Crescent at 7.30am on Thursday where they discovering a smell of burning.

The firefighters cleared the smoke before unplugging and removing the socket.

The woman had already been told to leave by the house by control operators and to stay outside under fire crews arrived.

The firefighters left the house about 15 minutes later.

Back to the top of the page