EXPOSURE to asbestos led to a woman’s death, a coroner’s court has ruled.
Christine Pook, of Foy Gardens, Warsash, died on May 21 and her death was the subject of an inquest in Southampton on Thursday.
The court heard that the 72-year-old had been potentially exposed to asbestos while working at a builder’s merchants in London from 1959 until 1961.
Mrs Pook, a non-smoker, had also potentially been exposed to asbestos as her father worked at a power plant and she used to cuddle him in his overalls as a child.
Her son Andrew Pook, of Pitchpond Road, Warsash, spoke during the hearing to give evidence.
Deputy Coroner for Central Hampshire Simon Burge ruled that Mrs Pook died from epithelioid mesothelioma.