Woman treated after fire starts in microwave oven

Students at the merged Havant and South Downs College receiving their results this morning Picture: Tamara Siddiqui

A-LEVELS: Schools and colleges report early results

0
Have your say

A WOMAN was treated for smoke inhalation after a fire started in her microwave oven.

Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service was called to the fire at 12.30pm yesterday.

A blaze had taken hold in the kitchen of a property in Hulbert Road, Waterlooville.

A fire crew from Waterlooville Fire Station were alerted by a member of the public who called for help after hearing an alarm sounding.

The woman was given oxygen therapy by firefighters. The ambulance was not called. The fire was out by 1pm and firefighters returned to the station at 1.30pm.