Woman treated after Portsmouth blaze

Clipper Round the World Race crew member Simon Speirs who has died after being swept overboard during the round-the-world yacht race

Portsmouth legend Knox-Johnston leads tributes to sailor killed during Clipper race

0
Have your say

A PREGNANT woman had to be treated for smoke inhalation after a grill pan caught fire.

A crew from Cosham fire station was called to Almondsbury Road, Paulsgrove, Portsmouth, at 10am yesterday morning.

But when they arrived the fire had already been put out. Treatment was given to the woman, who was 21 weeks-pregnant.

Meanwhile, a crew from Havant were called to a chimney fire. The firefighters attended the incident in Barncroft Way in Havant at around 3pm yesterday afternoon.

They took around an hour to make the chimney safe.