A LARGE ‘out of control’ bonfire was tackled by firefighters this morning.
Firefighters spent more than an hour battling the flames in Castle Road, Portchester.
A spokesperson for Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service said: ‘We received a call at 8.25am from a member of the public who had spotted large fumes of black smoke in Castle Street.
‘One appliance was sent and firefighters tackled the fire using one hose reel and two jets used to extinguish the fire.
‘The fire was dealt with at 9.49am this morning. Residents are reminded of the dangers of fire spreading in dry weather and to consider your neighbours and environment when starting bonfires.