Bacon butty blaze in Gosport is dodged

0
Have your say

A MAN’S home was almost set alight after he had a bacon sandwich yesterday.

The hungry homeowner had just finished grilling his lunch when the excess fat from his rashers ignited in his grill.

Firefighters from Fareham rushed to home, in Rowner Close, Gosport, shortly before midday.

By the time they arrived, the incident had been dealt with by the man.

However, officers are now urging other people to take care when using their grills.

They have warned people to make sure they always clean grill pan after use and to not leave their grill on after use.

A spokesman from Gosport fire station added it was a ‘simple way’ to avoid a fire which could have a devastating effect on both property and life.