Fire forces helicopter into emergency landing in Gosport

Gosport & Stokes Bay Golf Club - file photo
Gosport & Stokes Bay Golf Club - file photo
Jacob Kennard, Gavin Moon, Ian Doyle and Sarah Talboys-Smith with Shanon Rees and Rodney Watson at the front
 at  The Southsea Village holding a ping-pongathon to get people in the fundraising spirit fo Children in Need. Picture : Habibur Rahman

Schools and business across Portsmouth show support for Pudsey

0
Have your say

A HELICOPTER pilot was forced into an emergency landing at a golf club after smelling burning in the cockpit.

Firefighters rushed to Gosport and Stokes Bay Golf Club at around 2pm to help the pilot who had flown from Goodwood.

Two crews from Gosport fire station discovered a small electrical fire had burned some wires in a panel in the cockpit.

The pilot was able to safely land the helicopter, which had two women passengers.

Watch manager Rob Sansome said: ‘They were concerned and there was a very strong electrical smell.

‘We pulled apart a bit of the cockpit and there was burned wires.

‘It didn’t affet the flying of the helicopter.’

Firefighters used a thermal imaging camera to find where the blaze had started.