Computer catches fire in Gosport home

A computer caused a fire in Gosport today
A computer caused a fire in Gosport today
Liza Bailey and her daughter Helen Bailey took part in Small Business Saturday last year at their florist shop Seaside Florist on Hayling Island.

Picture: Malcolm Wells

Portsmouth council backs Small Business Saturday with free parking

0
Have your say

A BEDROOM was damaged and a woman treated for smoke inhalation after a computer caught fire.

The incident happened at a semi-detached house in St Mary’s Avenue in Gosport today at 4.15pm.

Firefighters from Gosport were called.

The family got out of the house but an ambulance was called to treat a woman who had inhaled smoke after placing a damp towel over the computer.

A spokesman from the fire service said the fire had been started by an electrical fault. Two appliances put out the fire by 5.30pm.

Elsewhere, firefighters in Southsea were called out today at 5pm to put out a smouldering waste bin in Commercial Road, Portsmouth, outside Waterstones.