Firefighters called to Southsea flat after lady burns food in microwave

THIS WEEK IN 1993: Portsmouth teenager killed in knife fight

0
Have your say

FIVE fire engines were called to reports of a large fire in Southsea – only to discover an elderly lady had burnt her food in the microwave.

The lady in her 90s called Hampshire Fire & Rescue Service at 6.25pm saying that smoke was filling her kitchen.

The appliances from Southsea and Cosham were sent immediately.

But on arriving, fire officers went into the flat in Queen’s Crescent to assist the lady after finding a smoking microwave.

Firefighters cleared the smoke and left the scene.