Firefighters rush to tackle Fratton kitchen fire after burnt food leads to smoke

Michaela Hiscutt has praised staff at Queen Alexandra Hospital

Fareham woman prone to serious infections praises QA Hospital staff

0
Have your say

BURNT food led to firefighters rushing out to a kitchen fire.

Firefighters were on the scene in Lords Street, Fratton, at 1.15pm yesterday, after smoke was seen issuing from a second-floor flat in the Lords Court complex.

Two appliances from Southsea fire station were sent to the fire, with four firefighters then entering the flat with a hose reel.

They also used breathing apparatus, only to find the blaze was a small kitchen fire, which started due to burnt food. They quickly extinguished it.

Firefighters left at around 2.30pm.