Nathan Ashmore has yet to reassure Alex Pike over his Gosport Borough future.
And that has left the Privett Park boss to begin the hunt for a replacement goalkeeper as his side fight for promotion in the Southern League premier division.
The News revealed last week Ashmore has been offered a move to Aussie outfit Oakleigh Cannons.
The former Hawks stopper admitted he is tempted by a switch Down Under and the chance to represent the Victorian Premier League side.
However, the 22-year-old said a potential move was at only an embryonic stage – and reiterated his commitment to Borough.
He has yet to relay those thoughts to Pike, though.
With no reserve team to call on at Privett Park, it has prompted the manager to begin working on contingency plans.
And with a busy finale to the season in prospect, the hunt for a new keeper is now a matter of urgency for Pike.
‘I need to get this sorted out very quickly with Nathan,’ said the boss.
‘He must be accountable at the club and decisions need to be made for the benefit of everyone and not just an individual.
‘It’s not been helped by Saturday’s match against Bedford being postponed.
‘I know Nathan was looking forward to playing and also in our away match at Redditch tomorrow night.
‘But after that, who knows? So that’s the reason I have been chasing a couple of goalkeepers – one of them a professional of some note – who could be tempted to join a club in our position.
‘Unfortunately, this episode seems to have become the main feature rather than us all focusing on the importance of winning the league title.
‘We have nine matches left which will determine our future one way or another and hopefully Nathan will decide he wants to be part of it.
‘He is one member of a very good Gosport Borough squad but it’s a matter that needs to be sorted out for everyone’s benefit.’