Adam Buxton became Pompey’s 11th signing of the summer today.
But who is the latest addition to the Blues’ squad?
Trainee reporter David Page finds out...
1. The full-back played 30 times in League Two for Accrington last season as Stanley finished in the play-off places.
2. The 24-year-old featured in last season’s 0-0 draw between Accrington and Pompey at Fratton Park. He was also in the Accrington side that exited the FA Cup at the hands of the Blues last term.
3. While predominantly a right-back, Buxton is versatile and capable of playing on the left side of the defence.
4. The Scouser spent his youth career at Wigan Athletic, captaining their development squad for a time, but couldn’t force his way into the first team.
5. Buxton joined Accrington in 2014 after a period on loan at the Crown Ground. He spent two-and-a-half seasons there, before turning down the offer of a new contract and opting to come to Pompey.