Conor Chaplin pledged his future to Pompey earlier this week by signing a new deal to keep him at Fratton Park until the 2018.
But how much do you know about the 18-year-old leading the Blues’ goalscoring charts so far this season.
Here are 11 facts about the youngster who has scored four times already this term for Paul Cook’s side.
1.The striker for who fans sing ‘He’s one of our own’ is very much a southerner as his family live just east of the A27 in Worthing.
2. He’s only 18 but he’s already been on Pompey’s books for 12 years, having signed on aged just six.
3. In response to an impressive run of 11 goals in as many matches for the under-18s, Chaplin was offered a professional deal in October 2014.
4. He first appeared for Pompey as a 85th-minute substitute in a 3-2 defeat to Accrington Stanley in December 2014.
5. Chaplin’s first full appearance was against York City at home in the 2014-15 season-ending 1-1 draw on Saturday, May 2.
6 He scored his first goal for the club as the Blues cin a 3-1 loss at Morecambe in April - former boss Andy Awford’s last game in charge.
7. This goal made him Pompey’s third youngest goalscorer at 17 years and 299 days, narrowly behind team-mate Jack Whatmough.
8. His number 19 shirt has previously been worn by former fan favourites Niko Krancjar and Steve Stone - the latter the last no.19 shirt bearer to earn promotion with the Blues.
9. A fan of social media, he tweets on @ConorChaplin10
10. On the week of his birth (February 16, 1997), Pompey beat West Brom away 2-0 in the English first division with David Hillier and Deon Burton on the scoresheet.
11. Chaplin this week penned a new two-year contract, with manager Paul Cook saying: ‘The reputation of the club is growing around exciting young players like Conor being here.’