The Pompey takeover could be tied up tomorrow – or even today.
The News understands that the deal is close to being completed after months of waiting and that the takeover, by Convers Sports Initiatives, may happen within the next 48 hours.
No-one from Portsmouth Football Club was available to talk about the deal last night.
When contacted by The News, Roman Dubov, one of the men behind the deal, said: ‘It’s “no comment” from me until Wednesday.’
The News revealed in February that CSI was interested in buying Portsmouth Football Club.
After reports in the Russian media suggested CSI were on the brink of walking away from the deal, Dubov previously told The News it was still proceeding. He said: ‘We’re still in negotiations, still in conversation, there are some commercial points still to agree. We hope it will be sorted out as soon as possible.’
CSI, chaired by millionaire banker Vladimir Antonov, has already passed the Football League’s Fit and Proper Persons Test.