POMPEY are hoping for another attacking showdown after drawing Wycombe in the FA Cup.
And chief executive Mark Catlin insisted the Blues will take the competition seriously after being handed a meeting with the Chairboys in the first round.
Cook’s men will meet Gareth Ainsworth’s side on the weekend of November 5 and 6.
That means they will renew acquaintances after meeting in the league last month.
Pompey ran out 4-2 winners on that occasion in game lit up by Conor Chaplin’s superb headed goal.
Chief-executive Catlin is hoping for more of the same when they meet again.
He said: ‘A draw at home is what you’re always looking for.
‘Wycombe are a good team and they are always hard to beat.
‘It was only a few weeks ago we played them in the league.
‘That proved to be a good spectacle and it would be good to see plenty of attacking football again.
‘Hopefully we can have a repeat of that.’
Pompey enjoyed an encouraging run in the FA Cup last season, as they reached the fourth round before losing to Premier League Bournemouth in a nip-and-tuck contest.
Macclesfield, Accrington and Championship side Ipswich were defeated before Pompey lost to the Cherries.
Catlin believes that run indicates Cook affords the competition importance.
He said: ‘We had a good run in the Cup last season.
‘The league is the priority, of course, but we all know there is romance attached to the FA Cup and it can provide a boost.
‘Paul Cook will certainly be taking it seriously.’
- JORDAN CROSS