PROMOTERS of the Isle of Wight festival have said a repeat of last year’s traffic chaos must never happen again.
Promoter John Giddings said around £250,000 was being spent on improvements to the car park, entrances and exits.
It comes after wet weather last year led to misery for many festival-goers as they waited in long queues because the site in Newport was flooded.
Mr Giddings said: ‘I will never allow that situation to happen again otherwise I would never do this event again.’
The Stone Roses have been announced as the first headliners of this year’s festival and will play on the opening night on Friday, June 14.