Rod Stewart announced as Sunday night headliner for next year’s Isle of Wight Festival

Rod Stewart

Rod Stewart

4
Have your say

ROCK legend Rod Stewart has been announced as the closing act at next year’s Isle of Wight Festival.

Organisers have this morning made the announcement that Rod will headline the main stage on Sunday, June 11, in what will be his only festival appearance of 2017.

He has been delighting fans at sold out concerts up and down the UK as part of his From Gasoline Alley to Another Country Hits arena tour.

Having sold more than 200m records worldwide his performance will include show stopping classics spanning five decades including Maggie May, Da Ya Think I’m Sexy, Baby Jane, the First Cut is the Deepest and I Don’t Want to Talk About It.

Festival-goers will also be treated to tracks from his recently released and critically acclaimed platinum-selling album Another Country.

Rod Stewart said: ‘I have been very lucky to have played many of the worlds finest venues and festivals-but never played the legendary Isle of Wight Festival. I am so excited to put that right. June can’t come round soon enough.’

Isle of Wight Festival promoter, John Giddings said: ‘I’ve wanted Rod Stewart to play at the festival for a number of years – he’s an incredible icon with a career that’s spanned over five decades so it’s impossible to not be a fan.

‘On Sunday night he’ll bring an incredible energy to create an unforgettable moment.’

Rod joins the previously announced Saturday headliners Arcade Fire at the festival which takes place from June 8-11 at Seaclose Park, Newport.

Early bird tickets for £175 are currently on sale as well as day tickets for the festival at isleofwightfestival.com

2017 will be the 16th Isle of Wight Festival since it was successfully relaunched in 2002, and Sir Rod will take his place alongside a proud heritage of show-stopping headliners such as Foo Fighters, The Rolling Stones, The Killers, Paul McCartney, Coldplay, Blur and Fleetwood Mac.

Back to the top of the page