Network Rail has announced it will be taking on several large engineering projects on Britian’s rail network this autumn.
Among these will be the closure of the Severn Tunnel for an electrification upgrade, which will affect passengers travelling from Portsmouth Harbour.
The work, which began yesterday, is expected to last until October 21.
Here’s all you need to know:
- During this time there will be no trains between Patchway and Severn Tunnel Junction.
- On weekdays trains between London Paddington and South Wales will be diverted between Swindon and Newport- adding about 30 minutes onto the journey.
- If you are travelling from Portsmouth Harbour to Cardiff Central, you will only be able to catch the train to Bristol Parkway.
- From there, rail replacement services will run between Severn Tunnel Junction and Bristol Parkway, and between Bristol Parkway and Newport to connect the services.
- On September 17/18 and October 15/16 the line from Bristol Parkway to Cardiff Central will be closed, so rail replacement services will be in operation.
- On September 24/25, October 1/2 and October 8/9 the line will be closed between Swindon and Bristol Parkway, so buses will replace trains.
Has your journey been affected by the engineering work? Tell us your experiences by calling 02392622114 or emailing email@example.com.