YOU’VE nominated your favourites and today we can reveal the shortlist for our Butcher of the Year award.
These 23 businesses now need you to get voting to give them a chance of winning.
Mark Waldron, editor of The News, said: ‘We had lots of nominations but now it’s over to you, so please don’t miss your chance to vote.’
All you have to do to take part is complete the voting form printed in The News today, cut out the clip and post it to the address at the bottom of this page.
The butcher with the most votes will win a special News prize cup.
The closing date for nominations is Friday, April 24 and the winner revealed on May 19.
So what are you waiting for? Get voting.
Butcher of the Year shortlist
- Alan Rae Butcher, 27 Mengham Road, Hayling Island
- B C Sheppard & Son, 2 Stubbington Green, Fareham
- Bransbury Park Butchers, 141 Eastney Road, Southsea
- Buckwells, 70 Osbourne Road, Southsea
- CJ Meats, 3a West Street, Havant
- Daves Family Butcher, 119 Highland Road, Fareham
- H.H. Treagust & Sons, 17 High Street, Emsworth
- Hadlows Butcher, 22 South Street, Titchfield
- J. Healey, 178 Chichester Road, Portsmouth
- John Wildman & Sons, 111 London Road, Portsmouth
- M King & Son, 273 Milton Road, Southsea
- M.R. Starr Butchers, 1 High Street, Emsworth
- N.A. Griffiths, 131 High Street, Lee on the Solent
- Real Country Butchers, 295 Copnor Road, Portsmouth
- Ron Reeve Ltd, 38 Drift Road, Clanfield
- Sheppard Butchers, 50 Tregaron Avenue, Cosham
- Stephen Humby, 82 Tangier Road, Portsmouth
- Tangier Road Butcher, 26 Tangier Road, Portsmouth
- Tender Cut Butchers, 7 Hambledon Parade, Waterlooville
- Tulls Fine Food, The Square, Wickham
- Twells Tradition Ltd, 7 New Parade, Portchester
- Westlands Farm Shop, Pricketts Hill, Shedfield
- White W A & Son, 288 Arundel Street, Portsmouth
How to vote
All you have to do to take part is complete the voting form printed in The News today, cut out the clip and post it to BUTCHER OF THE YEAR, Promotions Dept, The News, 1000 Lakeside, North Harbour, Portsmouth, PO6 3EN, by Wednesday, May 14, 2015/ Photocopies not accepted.