Firefighters called to Hampshire school after smoke spotted coming from roof

THREE fire crews were called to a primary school after smoke was spotted coming from its roof.

Thursday, 5th July 2018, 4:19 pm
Updated Monday, 16th July 2018, 5:10 pm

Firefighters from Fareham, Wickham and Bishop's Waltham were mobilised to St John The Baptist CE Primary School, in Solomons Lane, Bishop's Waltham.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Smoke was seen coming from the roof space of the building earlier this morning.

Crews identified the problem, which was caused by an overheating electrical light fitting.

Officers made the scene safe before leaving.