A Christmas scene showing a bygone Portsmouth church is depicted on this festive postcard from 1920.
It illustrates the old St Mark’s Church at North End, which was replaced in 1970 by a new modern-design place of worship just inside Derby Road.
The original church, which stood at the corner of London Road and Derby Road, was built in 1874 at a cost of just £2,900.
It was of grey ragstone with brick and stone dressing, and over the years various alterations and additions were made, including the construction of the church tower, seen at the rear. St Mark’s was deconsecrated and subsequently pulled down and a new shopping complex built on the site.