Here’s Highland Road, Southsea, first in 1910 and again 81 years later.
John Dyer set up his drapery business in King’s Road (opposite Great Southsea Street) in 1862.
This branch served east Southsea until it was taken over by David Minter in 1929.
He expanded the business taking in the neighbouring premises in 1946 and seen here trading as clothiers Porter Brothers.
From the 1960s it was known as Bon Marche and continued to be run by the Minter family until its closure in 2009.
n These pictures and the other two here come from the recent book Portsmouth Then & Now, by John Sadden and Mark Wingham, published by The History Press at £12.99.