I’m up the creek without a clue – help!

Cargo vessels and a waterside pub - the Camber had all the stand-and-star fascination of a small port

THIS WEEK IN 1970: Camber docks to lose its ‘colour’

Have your say

What is the correct spelling for the creek that runs between Portsea Island and the rest of England?

I have a photograph taken at Hilsea with the caption ‘The new bridge at Portscreek’.

Then I have a photo of a signal box there which bears the nameplate Portcreek Junction. I have yet another with the caption which splits the word so it becomes Port Creek. Yet another states ‘New bridge of Ports Creek’. I like to spell it Portscreek, but can anyone tell me the definitive way to spell it?