These are the latest pictures in the occasional series tracing the rebuilding of the Guildhall, Portsmouth.
They were taken by Reginald ‘Jack’ Fletcher, a laddermaker whose workshop was in nearby Arundel Street, Landport.
A keen photographer, he kept a photographic diary of the new Guildhall as it rose from the ashes of January 10, 1941, when it, along with large swathes of Portsmouth, was bombed by the Germans.
He took the pictures as he made his way to and from work.
In this series of pictures we have reached March 1959, three months before the city’s most important civic building was reopened by the Queen.