These photographs show just how much railway stations have changed over the years.
Smaller stations were called halts, and before the Bedhampton station was built everyone had to travel to Havant to join trains to London, Brighton or Portsmouth.
Bedhampton halt was opened on April 1, 1906 and remained the same for many years. In 1969 it was upgraded to station status.
Health and safety regulations came along with modernisation, and all the wooden platforms were rebuilt in concrete with nonskid bases.
The halt was also extended to take eight-car trains.
There was once a ticket office, but this was rarely used.
Fire buckets full of sand were hung on the wooden railings just past the station’s ticket office, which was constructed from corrugated iron sheets.
Further along was a beamed wooden waiting room, without glass in the window frames.
When the wind was blowing from across the fields, it was a particularly draughty place to sit.
There was another wooden waiting room too, although it was a little smaller.
The walkway across the tracks has also long since gone because of safety fears, but staff had to use the crossing at the time to get to the other side when collecting peoples’ tickets.
This is also a practise which has long since been stopped by staff.
The iron footbridge alongside the level crossing remains the same, except for the flight of steps.
These would lead passengers down on to the Havant Road. They have been turned 90 degrees to stop users stepping into traffic.
The old signal box which controlled the gates has gone too.
The modern barriers are operated from the new Havant signalling centre.
Pictured is the Bedhampton Halt as it used to be, and an image of Bedhampton station today.
Electronic screens with train times and delays on them, show just how far railway stations have come.