Today’s pictures all features lads from the old Portsea Secondary Modern Boys’ School, more commonly known at Kent Street Boys’ School.
They were taken between 1952 and 1954 to mark various events ranging from a summer camp in the Isle of Wight in 1952 to the 1954 sports day.
They are part of the school archive held by Portsmouth’s museums and records service.
The school was opened in 1874 as a Board School for boys, girls and infants.
It became a senior school in the mid-1930s and renamed Portsea Secondary Modern in 1946 with separate schools for boys and girls.
The girls’ school was renamed John Pounds Secondary Modern in 1959. Both closed in 1975.