Denmead as a separate village first appeared on John Speed’s map of Hampshire which was published in 1611.
It was widely dispersed and the village also included the hamlets of Worlds End, Furzeley, Anmore, Denmead Mill and Barn Green.
It was shown as part of the Hambledon Hundred, but up to then had been depicted as a manor owned firstly by the Bishop of Winchester and latterly (from 1449) by William Wayte and his descendants.
Originally part of the ecclesiastical parish of Hambledon, Denmead achieved its own identity with the creation of the new parish of All Saints, Denmead, in 1880.
Since then the village has grown both in area and population.
These two pictures from the 1930s show new bungalows in Anmore Road and neighbouring Martins Avenue.