Three pictures here of dilapidated Chalton windmill high up on the downs above Clanfield.
These undated photographs appear to have been taken in the 1920s or 1930s long before the four-storey tower mill was converted into the private house it is today.
It had four Patent sails carried on a cast iron windshaft and the cap was winded by a fantail.
A mill has been recorded on the site since 1289 and a windmill was marked on a map dated 1607.
But this mill, now a Grade II listed building, was built in the early nineteenth century.
In the 1950s it was threatened with demolition but a preservation order was placed on the mill by the local council.
In the late 1970s, permission was given for the mill to be incorporated into a house and the resulting building was awarded a certificate of merit by the Petersfield Society.
The pictures come courtesy of costen.co.uk.