Healthy version of Britain's favourite dish, curryÂ '“Â Lawrence Murphy
Healthy baked chicken curry
The first Indian restaurant was opened in 1810 in Mayfair, London.Â
SakeÂ Dean Mahomed travelled to Britain and served authentic curry in his coffee house.Â
Today, we all love a good curry and with the availability of most of the ingredientsÂ needed, cooking spiced dishes at home could not be easier.
A low fat, healthy and tasty dinner.
21 photos from legendary nights out in 1999 in Gosport and Portsmouth
The Great British Bake Off 2022: Is there a release date, will it be available on Channel 4 and All 4, will Paul Hollywood and Prue Leith return and who are the hosts?
29 photos will remind you what a night out looked like in 2008 in Portsmouth
Teen Mom UK season 8: Is there a release date, will it be available to watch on MTV, and MTV Play, who is in the cast and is Hampshire's Mia Boardman returning to the show?
17 photos to take you back to trips to Knight and Lee in Southsea
Ingredients '“Â serves 2
1 crown of chicken approx 650g
Zest and juice of a lime
Knob of ginger chopped
3 cloves garlic chopped
TspÂ cumin seeds
TspÂ coriander seeds
TspÂ sea salt
1 long green chilli deseeded and chopped
TbspÂ olive oil
Ground black pepper
12 cardamon pods
1. Remove the skin from the chicken crown and discard.
2. Make diagonal cuts down to the bone on both breasts.
3. Put all the ingredients except the black pepper, chilli powder and cardamon, into a liquidiser and whizz up to make a paste.
4. Rub the paste into the cuts and all over the crown.
5. Season with the black pepper and chilli powder.
6. Put 150ml of water into a baking dish, add the cardamon and put the crown on top.
7 Cover with foil and cook in a preheated oven 200c gas 6 for 40 mins.
8. Remove the foil and cook for a further 20 mins. Rest for 10 mins before carving.