LAWRENCE MURPHY: A deliciousÂ post-cycle salad
Most years there is an organised bicycle ride around the Isle of Wight held on the first bank holiday in May.
This year thousands of cyclists turned out and the sun shone making the ride that little bit moreÂ beautiful and difficult at the same time. TheÂ views from the top of Military RoadÂ overlooking The Needles andÂ Tennyson DownÂ are quite spectacular and worth every grinding pedal stroke to reach the top.
It was a spectacular day finished off with a lovely barbecue which Julia hadÂ prepared for my return.
The courgette salad served with lamb was fantastic, so here is the recipe.
4 small courgettes
Clove of garlic
Sprig of rosemary
60ml olive oil
20ml balsamic vinegar
75g soft goat's cheese
1. Thinly slice the courgettes long ways and sprinkle with a little salt. LeaveÂ to stand for 15Â minutes.
2. Put the anchovies, garlic, rosemary, oil and vinegar into a small blender and blitz together.
3. Wash the salt from the courgettes, drain and toss in the dressing.
4. Crumb the cheese in and add sliced radish.
5. Season with pepper and serve.